Livestock Feed

Evidence shows that barley has been cultivated since about 10,000 years ago, especially in Eurasia, and it is still considered one of the most important grains, so that currently, barley is the fourth most cultivated crop in the world with 157 million tons. After important grains such as corn, wheat and rice. The Russian Federation is the largest producer of barley in the world (about 17%), and countries such as Germany, Canada, France, Australia and Spain are among the other big growers in the world. About 70% of the world barley crop is used for animal feed. The remaining 30% is mostly used to produce a variety of beverages, including malt. Cooked barley is a mixture of about 69% water, 28% carbohydrates, 2% protein and 0.4% fat. In a 100-gram serving, cooked barley provides 123 kcal of dietary energy and are a good source of essential nutrients, including dietary fiber.